Friday, January 14, 2011

Good stuff

I hope the new year has started well for everyone. Ian sailed through his second 2 month check up on Jan. 11 with flying colors. There's no sign of that nasty cancer. We will do a PET scan for the next 2 month check. They wouldn't normally do a PET until the one year mark, but we didn't get a clear scan the last time because Ian had a cold. Meanwhile, he continues to gain back his lost weight (only 4 lbs. to go) AND grow taller. He checked in at 6 feet, one-half inch. He's even with his sister and will soon be as tall as David!

Speaking of David, we dropped him off at UCSF the day we went to Stanford so he could attend an appt. with his Dad. He has a new Dr. who has a little different take on things. The news he gave John was good, though. John has been able to keep his various pains under control and his new Dr. sees no reason to put him back on any chemotherapy right now. "Amazed and pleased," is how David puts it.

I'm doing fine, although I've had a couple of minor, irritating side effects pop up from the chemo. Hopefully my body will continue to adjust and they will fade away. Or, maybe I'll get used to always having a sickening sweet taste in my mouth and a few itchy bumps. I was concerned the sweet taste might be due to an elevated blood sugar level (a common side effect), but my blood numbers look good. Thank goodness!

Our household is about to undergo a major change. Helen is moving out to live closer to the college she attends. I'm thankful she's not going too far and I will be able to have lunch with her once in while. ;-) Please pray that she stays safe and has wonderful adventures out on her own!

Here's hoping your own adventures are wonderful this year. Until next time, blessings to you.
Love, Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment