Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Preparing for surgery

I feel the need to be in touch with everyone as I go into this final week before surgery. Overall, I am doing well and the family is doing well. Helen is busy with college classes, catching up after her play. Ian is doing great–as active as ever. David is holding down the fort at church, which is struggling with some serious challenges, in addition to supporting me and the kids emotionally. I know he is drained and is looking forward to the down time we will take following surgery.

For me, there are ups and downs. Although I know fairly well what to expect from my surgery, the field has changed and advanced in significant ways. And there is the unknown of what they will find in there! In addition, I had two years to focus on my health and wholeness before my last surgery. This time, I have been a little distracted, to say the least. I have turned my focus more inward in the last few weeks so I can be in the best shape mentally, physically and spiritually that I can, but, honestly, it's a challenge. It has been a blessing to spend extra time with friends and our community continues to support us in wonderful ways.

I am looking forward to Sunday. A part of our Sunday morning service will be devoted to a time of prayer for me. I would love to gather friends near and far around me. If you can be there, no matter what your faith tradition may or may not be, please come to Community Presbyterian Church, 1407 Third St., Calistoga, at 10:30 this Sunday, Oct. 24. If you can't be there in person, I know you will be with me in spirit.

My surgery is 7:30 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 26. David will update the blog and be sending out emails as soon as he can. We look forward to good news and a positive time of healing soon!

Thank you all for being such a blessing to me. Love, Natalie

4 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there in person for your prayer group, but I will be there in spirit. You and your family are diffinately in our prayers. Someday we will know why we have had to go through the trials we have, wonder what would happen if we knew now? Love you, Julie Wass Tyra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Natalie et al...Susan and I have put yours and your family's names on our prayer list...on our fridge door! We figure that this is the place most frequently visited. So each time we open its door, we send out our love and prayers. Our love...s&k..

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be in my heart tomorrow Natalie. You're very brave and you've come a long way this year. I can't wait to read your blog posts while you and your family rest and regroup after your surgery. A much needed time of relaxation for all of you. I admire your strength and determination which was so obvious to me from the time you were very young. You saw a challenge and you tackled it - head on. Your family and friends all over the world are praying for your speedy recovery. Those prayers will be heard Natalie.

    ReplyDelete